Fat Necrosis of the Breast Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of breast fat necrosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for breast cancer?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Fat Necrosis of the Breast Specialist
- Crystal P, Bukhanov K. Sonographic findings of palpable isoechoic breast fat necrosis: look for skin integrity. J Ultrasound Med. 2005 Jan;24(1):105-7. 
- Haj M, Loberant N, Salamon V, Cohen I. Membranous fat necrosis of the breast: diagnosis by minimally invasive technique. Breast J. 2004 Nov-Dec;10(6):504-8. 
- Pullyblank AM, Davies JD, Basten J, Rayter Z. Fat necrosis of the female breast--Hadfield re-visited. Breast. 2001 Oct;10(5):388-91.