Familial Mediterranean Fever Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of familial Mediterranean fever.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Familial Mediterranean Fever Specialist
- Koklu S, Ozturk MA, Balci M, Yuksel O, Ertenli I, Kiraz S. Interferon-gamma levels in familial Mediterranean fever. Joint Bone Spine. 2005 Jan;72(1):38-40. 
- Lidar M, Kedem R, Mor A, Levartovsky D, Langevitz P, Livneh A. Arthritis as the sole episodic manifestation of familial Mediterranean fever. J Rheumatol. 2005 May;32(5):859-62. 
- Orbach H, Ben-Chetrit E. Familial Mediterranean fever - a review and update. Minerva Med. 2001 Dec;92(6):421-30. 
- Simon A, van der Meer JW, Drenth JP. Familial Mediterranean fever--a not so unusual cause of abdominal pain. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2005 Apr;19(2):199-213.