Fallen Uterus Kegel Exercises
Uterine prolapse can be treated with Kegel exercises.
Kegel exercises strengthen the muscles that support the uterus. These muscles also help control urination.
How to perform Kegel exercises:
- Contract your muscles upward and inward while urinating, so that you can stop the flow of urine.
- Hold this position for a count of 6 seconds.
- Release the urine for a count of 6 seconds.
- Repeat the above one more time before emptying your bladder.
- Once you are able to perform this exercise while urinating, you may perform them between urinating.
- Perform the exercises 4 times a day.
Continue to Fallen Uterus Questions For Doctor
- Cespedes RD, Cross CA, McGuire EJ. Pelvic prolapse: diagnosing and treating uterine and vaginal vault prolapse. Medscape Womens Health. 1998 Jul;3(4):3. 
- Diwan A, Rardin CR, Kohli N. Uterine preservation during surgery for uterovaginal prolapse: a review. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2004 Jul-Aug;15(4):286-92. 
- Maher CF, Carey MP, Murray CJ. Laparoscopic suture hysteropexy for uterine prolapse. Obstet Gynecol. 2001 Jun;97(6):1010-4.