The treatment for a fainting episode depends upon the underlying cause. Treatment may not be necessary in adolescents and young adults.
General treatment for fainting may include:
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat fainting:
Continue to Fainting Home Care
- Boehm KE, Morris EJ, Kip KT, et al: Diagnosis and management of neurally mediated syncope and related conditions in adolescents. J Adolesc Health 2001 Jan; 28(1): 2-9. 
- Crane SD: Risk stratification of patients with syncope in an accident and emergency department. Emerg Med J 2002; 19: 23-27. 
- Gatzoulis K, Sideris S, Theopistou A: Long-term outcome of patients with recurrent syncope of unknown cause in the absence of organic heart disease and relation to results of baseline tilt table testing. Am J Cardiol 2003; 92: 876-879. 
- Tanel RE, Walsh EP: Syncope in the pediatric patient. Cardiol Clin 1997 May; 15(2): 277-94. 
- Wieling W, Colman N, Krediet CT, Freeman R. Nonpharmacological treatment of reflex syncope. Clin Auton Res. 2004 Oct;14 Suppl 1:62-70.