Eyelid Turned Inward Underlying Cause
Entropion can be a normal result of aging, as the skin and muscles of the face weaken.
Additional causes include:
- Scarring after an injury or infection
- Muscle spasm around the eye
Continue to Eyelid Turned Inward Anatomy
- Altieri M, Iester M, Harman F, Bertagno R, Capris P, Venzano D, Baldi F, Altieri G. Comparison of three techniques for repair of involutional lower lid entropion: a three-year follow-up study. Ophthalmologica. 2003 Jul-Aug;217(4):265-72. 
- Boboridis K, Bunce C. Interventions for involutional lower lid entropion. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD002221. 
- Dhaliwal U, Monga PK, Gupta VP. Comparison of three surgical procedures of differing complexity in the correction of trachomatous upper lid entropion: a prospective study. Orbit. 2004 Dec;23(4):227-36.