Eye Infection with Bacteria Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Eye Infection with Bacteria Specialist
- Mabey D, Fraser-Hurt N, Powell C. Antibiotics for trachoma. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD001860. 
- Schiebel NE. Evidence-based emergency medicine/systematic review abstract. Use of antibiotics in patients with acute bacterial conjunctivitis. Ann Emerg Med. 2003 Mar;41(3):407-9. 
- Smith J. Bacterial conjunctivitis. Clin Evid. 2004 Dec;(12):926-32.