Exudative Macular Degeneration Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for macular degeneration.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Exudative Macular Degeneration Specialist
- Chakravarthy U, Stevenson M. Self-reported visual functioning and quality of life in age-related macular degeneration. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2005 Jun;16(3):179-83. 
- DeBlack SS. Cigarette smoking as a risk factor for cataract and age-related macular degeneration: a review of the literature. Optometry. 2003 Feb;74(2):99-110. 
- Liu M, Regillo CD. A review of treatments for macular degeneration: a synopsis of currently approved treatments and ongoing clinical trials. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2004 Jun;15(3):221-6. 
- Smith BT, Belani S, Ho AC. Light energy, cataract surgery, and progression of age-related macular degeneration. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2005 Jun;16(3):166-9.