Excessive Salivation Home Care
Home care for excess salivation includes:
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid spicy and salty foods.
- Avoid acidic or spicy drinks.
- Avoid irritating mouthwashes.
- Practice good oral hygiene.
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Excessive Salivation Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have excess salivation and any of the following:
Continue to Excessive Salivation Underlying Cause
- Boyce HW, Bakheet MR. Sialorrhea: a review of a vexing, often unrecognized sign of oropharyngeal and esophageal disease. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2005 Feb;39(2):89-97. 
- Hockstein NG, Samadi DS, Gendron K, Handler SD. Sialorrhea: a management challenge. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Jun 1;69(11):2628-34.