Essential Tremor Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of benign essential tremor syndrome.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Essential Tremor Specialist
- Chouinard S, Louis ED, Fahn S: Agreement among movement disorder specialists on the clinical diagnosis of essential tremor. Mov Disord 1997 Nov; 12(6): 973-6. 
- Ferreira J, Sampaio C. Essential tremor. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):1608-21. 
- Jain S, Lo SE, Louis ED. Common misdiagnosis of a common neurological disorder: how are we misdiagnosing essential tremor? Arch Neurol. 2006 Aug;63(8):1100-4. 
- Louis ED, Ford B, Lee H: Diagnostic criteria for essential tremor: a population perspective. Arch Neurol 1998 Jun; 55(6): 823-8. 
- Louis ED, Vonsattel JP, Honig LS, Ross GW, Lyons KE, Pahwa R. Neuropathologic findings in essential tremor. Neurology. 2006 Jun 13;66(11):1756-9. 
- Wasielewski PG, Burns JM, Koller WC: Pharmacologic treatment of tremor. Mov Disord 1998; 13 Suppl 3: 90-100.