Esophagus Tears Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for Mallory Weiss tears.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Esophagus Tears Specialist
- Church NI, Palmer KR. Ulcers and nonvariceal bleeding. Endoscopy. 2003 Jan;35(1):22-6. 
- Gunay K, Cabioglu N, Barbaros U, Taviloglu K, Ertekin C. Endoscopic ligation for patients with active bleeding Mallory-Weiss tears. Surg Endosc. 2001 Nov;15(11):1305-7. Epub 2001 Sep 4 
- Hui AJ, Sung JJ. Endoscopic Treatment of Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2005 Apr;8(2):153-162.