Erysipelas Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of erysipelas.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Erysipelas Home Care
- Bonnetblanc JM, Bedane C. Erysipelas: recognition and management. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2003;4(3):157-63. 
- Dupuy A, Benchikhi H, Roujeau JC, Bernard P, et al. Risk factors for erysipelas of the leg (cellulitis): case-control study. BMJ. 1999 Jun 12;318(7198):1591-4. 
- Roldan YB, Mata-Essayag S, Hartung C. Erysipelas and tinea pedis. Mycoses. 2000;43(5):181-3.