Erection Prolonged Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of priapism.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Do I need surgery?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having priapism again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Erection Prolonged Specialist
- Maan Z, Arya M, Patel HR. Priapism--a review of the medical management. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2003 Dec;4(12):2271-7. 
- Sadeghi-Nejad H, Seftel AD. The etiology, diagnosis, and treatment of priapism: review of the American Foundation for Urologic Disease Consensus Panel Report. Curr Urol Rep. 2002 Dec;3(6):492-8.