Epilepsy Temporal Lobe Incidence
Facts about temporal lobe epilepsy:
- About 200,000 people experience a seizure for the first time each year in the US.
- As many as 1 in 10 adults will have a seizure at some time during their life
- More than 3 million people in the USA have some form of epilepsy.
- There are about 120,000 new cases of epilepsy diagnosed every year in the US.
- The incidence of temporal lobe seizures is unknown.
Continue to Epilepsy Temporal Lobe Symptoms
- Feddersen B, Herzer R, Hartmann U, Gaab MR, Runge U. On the psychopathology of unilateral temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2005 Feb;6(1):43-9. 
- Fogarasi A, Jokeit H, Faveret E, Janszky J, Tuxhorn I. The effect of age on seizure semiology in childhood temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2002 Jun;43(6):638-43. 
- Franzon RC, Montenegro MA, Guimaraes CA, Guerreiro CA, Cendes F, Guerreiro MM. Clinical, electroencephalographic, and behavioral features of temporal lobe epilepsy in childhood. J Child Neurol. 2004 Jun;19(6):418-23. 
- Maillard L, Vignal JP, Gavaret M, Guye M, Biraben A, McGonigal A, Chauvel P, Bartolomei F. Semiologic and electrophysiologic correlations in temporal lobe seizure subtypes. Epilepsia. 2004 Dec;45(12):1590-9.