Epididymis Infection Outlook
What to expect with epididymitis:
- Most cases of epididymitis resolve completely.
- Pain usually resolves in 3 days with treatment.
- Swelling may require 3 months to resolve.
- Epididymitis on both sides may result in sterility.
Continue to Epididymis Infection Complications
- Joly-Guillou ML, Lasry S. Practical recommendations for the drug treatment of bacterial infections of the male genital tract including urethritis, epididymitis and prostatitis. Drugs. 1999 May;57(5):743-50. 
- Kadish HA, Bolte RG. A retrospective review of pediatric patients with epididymitis, testicular torsion, and torsion of testicular appendages. Pediatrics. 1998 Jul;102(1 Pt 1):73-6. 
- Nickel JC, Siemens DR, Nickel KR, Downey J. The patient with chronic epididymitis: characterization of an enigmatic syndrome. J Urol. 2002 Apr;167(4):1701-4.