Ependymoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of ependymoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Ependymoma Radiation Therapy
- Kawabata Y, Takahashi JA, Arakawa Y, Hashimoto N. Long-term outcome in patients harboring intracranial ependymoma. J Neurosurg. 2005 Jul;103(1):31-7. 
- Lehman NL, Jorden MA, Huhn SL, Barnes PD, Nelson GB, Fisher PG, Horoupian DS. Cortical ependymoma. A case report and review. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2003 Jul;39(1):50-4. 
- Mansur DB, Drzymala RE, Rich KM, Klein EE, Simpson JR. The efficacy of stereotactic radiosurgery in the management of intracranial ependymoma. J Neurooncol. 2004 Jan;66(1-2):187-90.