Eosinophilic Pneumonia Treatment
Treatment for eosinophilic pneumonia often includes bronchodilator medications, inhalers, cough medicines, decongestants, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain. Other measures include oxygen therapy and oral corticosteroids.
Treatment options for eosinophilic pneumonia include:
- Bronchodilator medications:
- Inhalers for wheezing
- Cough medications
- Decongestant medications:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain
- Oxygen therapy
- Oral corticosteroid medications:
Eosinophilic Pneumonia Specialist
Continue to Eosinophilic Pneumonia Home Care
- Minakuchi M, Niimi A, Matsumoto H, Amitani R, Mishima M. Chronic eosinophilic pneumonia: treatment with inhaled corticosteroids. Respiration. 2003 Jul-Aug;70(4):362-6. 
- Mochimaru H, Kawamoto M, Fukuda Y, Kudoh S. Clinicopathological differences between acute and chronic eosinophilic pneumonia. Respirology. 2005 Jan;10(1):76-85. 
- Shorr AF, Scoville SL, Cersovsky SB, Shanks GD, Ockenhouse CF, Smoak BL, Carr WW, Petruccelli BP. Acute eosinophilic pneumonia among US Military personnel deployed in or near Iraq. JAMA. 2004 Dec 22;292(24):2997-3005.