Enlarged Liver Home Care
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid acetaminophen.
- Avoid aspirin.
- Avoid foods that are rich in vitamin A:
- Egg yolks
- Dairy products
- Fish oil
- Take vitamin B supplements.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)
- Do not take herbs.
- Receive hepatitis A immunization.
- Receive hepatitis B immunization.
- Eat a liver disease diet:
- Low protein diet
- Low fat diet.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Take an oral antihistamine for itching:
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Enlarged Liver Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have hepatomegaly and any of the following:
Continue to Enlarged Liver Complications
- Allison ME. Fatty liver. Hosp Med. 2004 Oct;65(10):609-12. 
- van Hoek B. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a brief review. Scand J Gastroenterol Suppl. 2004;(241):56-9.