Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist surgery hysterectomy Home Care heavy periods pain control taking control warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Endometriosis Heavy Periods
- Avoid caffeine and chocolate.
- Rest in bed when the pain is severe.
- Stop smoking
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain
- Acetaminophen for pain
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Practice relaxation techniques.
- Switch to sanitary napkins or pads if you are currently using tampons.
- A warm bath, hot water bottle, or heating pad placed on the lower abdomen may help relieve discomfort.
- Take prescribed medications as directed.
Continue to Endometriosis Pain Control
PubMed Endometriosis References
- Moore J, Copley S, Morris J, Lindsell D, Golding S, Kennedy S. A systematic review of the accuracy of ultrasound in the diagnosis of endometriosis. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2002 Dec;20(6):630-4. 
- Schroder AK, Diedrich K, Ludwig M. Medical management of endometriosis: a systematic review. IDrugs. 2004 May;7(5):451-63. 
- Wykes CB, Clark TJ, Khan KS. Accuracy of laparoscopy in the diagnosis of endometriosis: a systematic quantitative review. BJOG. 2004 Nov;111(11):1204-12.