Encephalitis Japanese Treatment
Treatment for Japanese encephalitis usually includes rest, oral fluids, and acetaminophen or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain and fever control. Treatment for severe Japanese encephalitis may include intravenous fluids, medications for seizures, and medications to control swelling in the brain.
Treatment options for Japanese encephalitis include:
- Intravenous fluids
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain
- Narcotic pain medication:
- Medications to reduce brain swelling:
- Medications for seizures
Encephalitis Japanese Specialist
Continue to Encephalitis Japanese Home Care
- Debiasi RL, Tyler KL. Molecular methods for diagnosis of viral encephalitis. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004 Oct;17(4):903-25, table of contents. 
- Gould EA, Higgs S, Buckley A, Gritsun TS. Potential arbovirus emergence and implications for the United Kingdom. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006 Apr;12(4):549-55. 
- Kennedy PG. Viral encephalitis: causes, differential diagnosis, and management. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004 Mar;75 Suppl 1:i10-5. 
- Vernet G. Diagnosis of zoonotic viral encephalitis. Arch Virol Suppl. 2004;(18):231-44.