Elevated HDL Prevention
Prevention of high cholesterol includes:
- Eat a healthy heart diet:
- Avoid saturated vegetable oil:
- Coconut oil
- Palm oil
- Use canola oil of olive oil.
- Avoid red meat and eggs.
- Eat a diet high in omega-3-fatty acids:
- Avoid alcohol, or drink alcohol in moderation:
- For men: no more than 2 alcoholic beverages per day
- For women: no more than 1 alcoholic beverage per day
- Follow an exercise plan developed with your doctor.
- Weight loss if you are overweight
- Take vitamin B supplements
Continue to Elevated HDL Outlook
- Borghi C, Veronesi M, Bacchelli S, Esposti DD, Cosentino E, Ambrosioni E. Serum cholesterol levels, blood pressure response to stress and incidence of stable hypertension in young subjects with high normal blood pressure. J Hypertens. 2004 Feb;22(2):265-72. 
- Morgan JM, Capuzzi DM. Hypercholesterolemia. The NCEP Adult Treatment Panel III Guidelines. Geriatrics. 2003 Aug;58(8):33-8. 
- Schatz IJ, Masaki K, Yano K, Chen R, Rodriguez BL, Curb JD. Cholesterol and all-cause mortality in elderly people from the Honolulu Heart Program: a cohort study. Lancet. 2001 Aug 4;358(9279):351-5.