Elder Abuse Prevention
Prevention of elder abuse includes:
- Maintain an active network of friends, family and activities.
- Do not allow yourself to live in an isolated environment.
- Avoid alcohol.
- See your doctor regularly.
- Do not allow others access to bank accounts.
- Do not make financial decisions under pressure.
- Demand that you be treated with dignity and respect.
- Ask for help when you need it.
Continue to Elder Abuse Types
- Director TD, Linden JA. Domestic violence: an approach to identification and intervention. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2004 Nov;22(4):1117-32. 
- Hardin E, Khan-Hudson A. Elder abuse--"society's dilemma". J Natl Med Assoc. 2005 Jan;97(1):91-4. 
- McIntire T. Elder abuse litigation and the duty to provide palliative care. Physician Exec. 2004 Nov-Dec;30(6):44-9. 
- Quinn K, Zielke H. Elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation: policy issues. Clin Geriatr Med. 2005 May;21(2):449-57. 
- Tolan P, Gorman-Smith D, Henry D. Family Violence. Annu Rev Psychol. 2005 Aug 31.