What to expect with ehrlichiosis:
- Most cases of ehrlichiosis respond well to treatment and recovery is complete.
- Delayed treatment may result in severe illness, which has a 10 percent fatality rate.
Continue to Ehrlichiosis Underlying Cause
- Dumler JS. Is human granulocytic ehrlichiosis a new Lyme disease? Review and comparison of clinical, laboratory, epidemiological, and some biological features. Clin Infect Dis. 1997 Jul;25 Suppl 1:S43-7. 
- Nutt AK, Raufman J. Gastrointestinal and hepatic manifestations of human ehrlichiosis: 8 cases and a review of the literature. Dig Dis. 1999;17(1):37-43. 
- Stone JH, Dierberg K, Aram G, Dumler JS. Human monocytic ehrlichiosis. JAMA. 2004 Nov 10;292(18):2263-70.