Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Home Care
Home care for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome includes:
- Follow an exercise plan developed with your doctor.
- Avoid injury to the skin.
- Avoid heavy lifting.
- Vitamin C supplements
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Learn everything you can about Ehlers-Danlos syndrome:
- The more you know about your condition, the easier it will be to participate with your doctor in making treatment decisions.
- Ask your doctor about good sources for information.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and any of the following:
Continue to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Outlook
- Germain DP, Herrera-Guzman Y. Vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Ann Genet. 2004 Jan-Mar;47(1):1-9. 
- Malfait F, De Coster P, Hausser I, van Essen AJ, Franck P, Colige A, Nusgens B, Martens L, De Paepe A. The natural history, including orofacial features of three patients with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, dermatosparaxis type (EDS type VIIC). Am J Med Genet A. 2004 Nov 15;131(1):18-28. 
- Oderich GS, Panneton JM, Bower TC, Lindor NM, Cherry KJ, Noel AA, Kalra M, Sullivan T, Gloviczki P. The spectrum, management and clinical outcome of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV: a 30-year experience. J Vasc Surg. 2005 Jul;42(1):98-106.