Eating Disorder Outlook
What to expect:
- Recovery from compulsive eating disorder may take six months to 5 years.
- Most people with compulsive eating disorder improve with therapy.
- Relapse rates are high.
Continue to Eating Disorder Underlying Cause
- Fontenelle LF, Mendlowicz MV, Versiani M. Impulse control disorders in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2005 Feb;59(1):30-7. 
- Larsson JO, Hellzen M. Patterns of personality disorders in women with chronic eating disorders. Eat Weight Disord. 2004 Sep;9(3):200-5. 
- Raja M, Azzoni A. Clinical management of obsessive-compulsive-bipolar comorbidity: a case series. Bipolar Disord. 2004 Jun;6(3):264-70.