Ear Squeeze Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of barotitis media.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
Continue to Ear Squeeze Specialist
- Brown M, Jones J, Krohmer J. Pseudoephedrine for the prevention of barotitis media: a controlled clinical trial in underwater divers. Ann Emerg Med. 1992 Jul;21(7):849-52. 
- Rayman RB: Passenger safety, health, and comfort: a review. Aviat Space Environ Med 1997 May; 68(5): 432-40. 
- Stangerup SE, Tjernstrom O, Harcourt J, Klokker M, Stokholm J. Barotitis in children after aviation; prevalence and treatment with Otovent. J Laryngol Otol. 1996 Jul;110(7):625-8.