Ear Foreign Body Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of an ear foreign body.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- Will I need to be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for otitis externa?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Ear Foreign Body Specialist
- Balbani AP, Sanchez TG, Butugan O, Kii MA, Angelico FV Jr, Ikino CM, D'Antonio WE. Ear and nose foreign body removal in children. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 1998 Nov 15;46(1-2):37-42. 
- Steele BD, Brennan PO. A prospective survey of patients with presumed accidental ear injury presenting to a paediatric accident and emergency department. Emerg Med J. 2002 May;19(3):226-8.