Dupuytren's Contracture Outlook
What to expect with Dupuytren's contracture:
- About 80 percent of people regain normal function after surgery.
- About 10 to 34 percent of people have recurrent symptoms after surgery.
Continue to Dupuytren's Contracture Underlying Cause
- Draviaraj KP, Chakrabarti I. Functional outcome after surgery for Dupuytren's contracture: a prospective study. J Hand Surg [Am]. 2004 Sep;29(5):804-8. 
- Skoff HD. The surgical treatment of Dupuytren's contracture: a synthesis of techniques. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Feb;113(2):540-4. 
- Wilbrand S, Ekbom A, Gerdin B. A cohort study linked increased mortality in patients treated surgically for Dupuytren's contracture. J Clin Epidemiol. 2005 Jan;58(1):68-74.