Dupuytren's Contracture Incidence
Facts about Dupuytren's contracture:
- The incidence is unknown in the US.
- About 10 percent of those with Dupuytren's contracture have a parent with the disorder.
- Males are affected more than females.
Continue to Dupuytren's Contracture Risk Factors
- Draviaraj KP, Chakrabarti I. Functional outcome after surgery for Dupuytren's contracture: a prospective study. J Hand Surg [Am]. 2004 Sep;29(5):804-8. 
- Skoff HD. The surgical treatment of Dupuytren's contracture: a synthesis of techniques. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Feb;113(2):540-4. 
- Wilbrand S, Ekbom A, Gerdin B. A cohort study linked increased mortality in patients treated surgically for Dupuytren's contracture. J Clin Epidemiol. 2005 Jan;58(1):68-74.