Dumping Syndrome Risk Factors
Risk factors for dumping syndrome include:
- Removal of a portion of the stomach
- Opening the passageway between the stomach and the small intestine
- Cutting the nerves that supply the stomach
Continue to Dumping Syndrome Symptoms
- Bufler P, Ehringhaus C, Koletzko S. Dumping syndrome: a common problem following Nissen fundoplication in young children. Pediatr Surg Int. 2001 Jul;17(5-6):351-5. 
- Yamada M, Ohrui T, Asada M, Ishizawa K, Ebihara S, Arai H, Sasaki H. Acarbose attenuates hypoglycemia from dumping syndrome in an elderly man with gastrectomy. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005 Feb;53(2):358-9.