Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of muscular dystrophy.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy Specialist
- Cossu G, Sampaolesi M. New therapies for muscular dystrophy: cautious optimism. Trends Mol Med. 2004 Oct;10(10):516-20. 
- Gregorevic P, Chamberlain JS. Gene therapy for muscular dystrophy - a review of promising progress. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2003 Aug;3(5):803-14. 
- Leyten QH, Gabreels FJ, Renier WO, ter Laak HJ. Congenital muscular dystrophy: a review of the literature. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 1996 Nov;98(4):267-80.