Dubin Johnson Syndrome Home Care
Home care for Dubin Johnson syndrome includes:
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Learn everything you can about your condition:
- The more you know about your condition, the easier it will be to participate with your doctor in making treatment decisions.
- Ask your doctor about good sources for information.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.
Dubin Johnson Syndrome Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have Dubin Johnson syndrome and any of the following:
Continue to Dubin Johnson Syndrome Outlook
- Haimi-Cohen Y, Amir J, Merlob P. Neonatal and infantile Dubin-Johnson syndrome. Pediatr Radiol. 1998 Nov;28(11):900. 
- Regev RH, Stolar O, Raz A, Dolfin T. Treatment of severe cholestasis in neonatal Dubin-Johnson syndrome with ursodeoxycholic acid. J Perinat Med. 2002;30(2):185-7. 
- Teh CP, Nevard CH, Lawson N. Clinical quiz. Dubin-Johnson syndrome or Rotor syndrome. Pediatr Nephrol. 1999 Sep;13(7):627-8.