What to expect with dysfunctional uterine bleeding:
- The outlook depends on the underlying cause.
- Most women respond well to treatment.
Continue to DUB Complications
- Abbott J, Hawe J, Hunter D, Garry R. A double-blind randomized trial comparing the Cavaterm and the NovaSure endometrial ablation systems for the treatment of dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Fertil Steril. 2003 Jul;80(1):203-8. 
- Agarwal N, Kriplani A. Medical management of dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2001 Nov;75(2):199-201. 
- Bourdrez P, Bongers MY, Mol BW. Treatment of dysfunctional uterine bleeding: patient preferences for endometrial ablation, a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine device, or hysterectomy. Fertil Steril. 2004 Jul;82(1):160-6. 
- Munro MG. Dysfunctional uterine bleeding: advances in diagnosis and treatment. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2001 Oct;13(5):475-89.