Dry Mouth Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of xerostomia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for xerostomia?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Dry Mouth Specialist
- Atkinson JC, Grisius M, Massey W. Salivary hypofunction and xerostomia: diagnosis and treatment. Dent Clin North Am. 2005 Apr;49(2):309-26. 
- Cassolato SF, Turnbull RS. Xerostomia: clinical aspects and treatment. Gerodontology. 2003 Dec;20(2):64-77. 
- Mignogna MD, Fedele S, Russo LL, Lo Muzio L, Wolff A. Sjogren's syndrome: the diagnostic potential of early oral manifestations preceding hyposalivation/xerostomia. J Oral Pathol Med. 2005 Jan;34(1):1-6. 
- Morganstein WM. Acupuncture in the treatment of xerostomia: clinical report. Gen Dent. 2005 May-Jun;53(3):223-6.