Dry Lips Prevention
Prevention of chapped lips includes:
- Apply lip balms that contain dimethicone.
- Apply petroleum jelly to your lips.
- Avoid exposure to the sun:
- Apply lip balm that contains sunscreen.
- Wear a hat.
- Avoid licking your lips repeatedly.
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid cosmetics, soaps or lotions that irritate your lips.
Continue to Dry Lips Complications
- Food and Drug Administration, HHS. Skin protectant drug products for over-the-counter human use; final monograph. Final rule. Fed Regist. 2003 Jun 4;68(107):33362-81.