Dry Eyes Treatment
Treatment for dry eyes usually includes home humidifier, artificial tears, and eye lubricating ointments. Less commonly surgery may be required.
Treatment for dry eyes may include:
- Home humidifier
- Artificial tears eye drops
- Lubricating eye ointments
- Cyclosporine eye drops
- Surgery for dry eyes:
- Close the lacrimal ducts, in order to block drainage of tears into the nose
Dry Eyes Specialist
Continue to Dry Eyes Home Care
- Montes-Mico R, Alio JL, Charman WN. Dynamic changes in the tear film in dry eyes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005 May;46(5):1615-9. 
- Smith RE. The tear film complex: pathogenesis and emerging therapies for dry eyes. Cornea. 2005 Jan;24(1):1-7. 
- Whitcher JP. The treatment of dry eyes. Br J Ophthalmol. 2004 May;88(5):603-4. 
- Wright M, Dhillon B. Diagnosis and treatment of dry eyes. Practitioner. 1997 Apr;241(1573):210-2, 214, 216.