Drug Allergy Prevention
Prevention of a drug allergy includes:
- Pay close attention to all medication contents:
- Read drug labels carefully.
- Take prescribed medications as directed.
- Take a nonprescription antihistamine for allergic symptoms:
- Carry an epinephrine syringe:
- Learn to use the syringe for severe allergic reactions.
- Wear an alert bracelet or tag that identifies your allergies.
Continue to Drug Allergy Types
- Cunha BA. Antibiotic selection in the penicillin-allergic patient. Med Clin North Am. 2006 Nov;90(6):1257-64. 
- Greenberger PA. Drug allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006 Feb;117(2 Suppl Mini-Primer):S464-70. 
- Segal AR, Doherty KM, Leggott J, Zlotoff B. Cutaneous reactions to drugs in children. Pediatrics. 2007 Oct;120(4):e1082-96.