Draining Surgical Wound Evaluation
The evaluation of post operative wound complications includes examination of the wound.
Physical findings in someone with post operative wound complications include:
- Tenderness around the wound
- Swelling around the wound
- Skin redness around the wound
- Wound dehiscence:
- Abnormal opening or separation of the wound
Tests that may be used to evaluate post operative wound complications include:
Continue to Draining Surgical Wound Treatment
- Amland PF, Andenaes K, Samdal F, Lingaas E, Sandsmark M, Abyholm F, Giercksky KE. A prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of a single dose of azithromycin on postoperative wound infections in plastic surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1995 Nov;96(6):1378-83. 
- Beiner JM, Grauer J, Kwon BK, Vaccaro AR. Postoperative wound infections of the spine. Neurosurg Focus. 2003 Sep 15;15(3):E14. 
- Picada R, Winter RB, Lonstein JE, Denis F, Pinto MR, Smith MD, Perra JH. Postoperative deep wound infection in adults after posterior lumbosacral spine fusion with instrumentation: incidence and management. J Spinal Disord. 2000 Feb;13(1):42-5.