Donovanosis Underlying Cause
Facts about granuloma inguinale:
- Granuloma inguinale is a sexually transmitted infection caused by the bacteria, Donovania granulomatous.
- The infection spreads most commonly during anal intercourse.
- The incubation period is 1 to 3 months.
Continue to Donovanosis Anatomy
- Hoosen AA, Mphatsoe M, Kharsany AB, Moodley J, Bassa A, Bramdev A. Granuloma inguinale in association with pregnancy and HIV infection. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1996 May;53(2):133-8. 
- Jamkhedkar PP, Hira SK, Shroff HJ, Lanjewar DN. Clinico-epidemiologic features of granuloma inguinale in the era of acquired immune deficiency syndrome. Sex Transm Dis. 1998 Apr;25(4):196-200.