Facts about granuloma inguinale:
- There are approximately 100 cases of granuloma inguinale reported each year in the United States.
- Men are affected more often than women.
- Granuloma inguinale is more common in the tropical and subtropical areas such as India, Guyana, and New Guinea.
Continue to Donovanosis Symptoms
- Hoosen AA, Mphatsoe M, Kharsany AB, Moodley J, Bassa A, Bramdev A. Granuloma inguinale in association with pregnancy and HIV infection. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1996 May;53(2):133-8. 
- Jamkhedkar PP, Hira SK, Shroff HJ, Lanjewar DN. Clinico-epidemiologic features of granuloma inguinale in the era of acquired immune deficiency syndrome. Sex Transm Dis. 1998 Apr;25(4):196-200.