There is cure for diverticulosis. Treatment for diverticulosis may include a high fiber diet. Additional treatment measures are required if diverticulitis or another complication of diverticulosis develops.
Treatment for diverticulosis may include:
- High fiber diet
- If bleeding is present
For more information:
Diverticulosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of diverticulosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat diverticulosis:
Continue to Diverticulosis Home Care
- Hall NR. Managing diverticular disease. Practitioner. 2003 May;247(1646):392-6, 400, 402 passim. 
- Simpson J, Spiller R. Colonic diverticular disease. Clin Evid. 2004 Dec;(12):599-609. 
- Simpson J. Recent advances in diverticular disease. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2004 Oct;6(5):417-22. 
- Stollman N, Raskin JB. Diverticular disease of the colon. Lancet. 2004 Feb 21;363(9409):631-9.