Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain control warning signs Underlying Cause Anatomy
Dislocated Jaw Evaluation
- Inability to open or close the mouth normally
- Jaw pain:
- Worse during speaking or chewing
- Jaw swelling
- Mouth does not close properly:
- Tooth fractures
- Tooth avulsion:
- Loss of a tooth
Tests may be required to make the diagnosis of a jaw dislocation.
Tests that may be used to evaluate a jaw dislocation include:
Continue to Dislocated Jaw Treatment
PubMed Dislocated Jaw References
- Caminiti MF, Weinberg S. Chronic mandibular dislocation: the role of non-surgical and surgical treatment. J Can Dent Assoc. 1998 Jul-Aug;64(7):484-91. 
- Dale RA. Dentoalveolar trauma. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2000 Aug;18(3):521-38.