Discharge from the Nipple Treatment
The treatment for nipple discharge depends on the cause. Treatment for nipple discharge may include a support bra, nipple cleansing, warm compresses, medications, or surgery.
Treatment for nipple discharge may include:
- Supportive bra
- Gentle nipple cleansing
- Warm compresses
- Apply for 20-30 minutes, 3 times a day.
- Medications for nipple infections:
- Topical antibiotics
- Oral antibiotics
- Surgery for nipple discharge:
- To remove diseased breast ducts
Discharge from the Nipple Specialist
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat nipple discharge:
Continue to Discharge from the Nipple Home Care
- Dehner LP, Hill DA, Deschryver K: Pathology of the breast in children, adolescents, and young adults. Semin Diagn Pathol 1999 Aug; 16(3): 235-47. 
- Greydanus DE, Parks DS, Farrell EG: Breast disorders in children and adolescents. Pediatr Clin North Am 1989 Jun; 36(3): 601-38.