Digitalis Toxicity Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of digoxin toxicity.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Digitalis Toxicity Specialist
- Davey M. Calcium for hyperkalaemia in digoxin toxicity. Emerg Med J. 2002 Mar;19(2):183. 
- Fee WH Jr. Activated charcoal safe and effective for digoxin toxicity. Am J Med. 2004 Mar 15;116(6):430. 
- Miura T, Kojima R, Sugiura Y, Mizutani M, Takatsu F, Suzuki Y. Effect of aging on the incidence of digoxin toxicity. Ann Pharmacother. 2000 Apr;34(4):427-32. 
- Thompson CA. FDA approves digoxin-toxicity remedy. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2001 Nov 1;58(21):2021.