Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment drugs questions for doctor specialist Home Care taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Difficulty Walking due to Parkinson's Incidence
Facts about Parkinson's disease:
- More than one million people in the US have Parkinson's disease.
- There are about 50,000 new cases of Parkinson's each year in the US.
- About 1 in 100 people over the age of 65 have Parkinson's disease.
PubMed Difficulty Walking due to Parkinson's References
- Chung TH, Deane KH, Ghazi-Noori S, Rickards H, Clarke CE. Systematic review of antidepressant therapies in Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2003 Dec;10(2):59-65. 
- Curran MP, Perry CM. Cabergoline : a review of its use in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. Drugs. 2004;64(18):2125-41. 
- Gage H, Storey L. Rehabilitation for Parkinson's disease: a systematic review of available evidence. Clin Rehabil. 2004 Aug;18(5):463-82. 
- Hague SM, Klaffke S, Bandmann O. Neurodegenerative disorders: Parkinson's disease and Huntington's disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2005 Aug;76(8):1058-63. 
- Twelves D, Perkins KS, Counsell C. Systematic review of incidence studies of Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2003 Jan;18(1):19-31.