Diarrhea due to Rotavirus Incidence
Facts about rotavirus:
- Rotavirus is the most common cause of viral gastroenteritis in children.
- About 3 million people suffer from a rotavirus infection each year in the US.
- About 1 in 3 children in the US have their first rotavirus infection by the age of 2.
Continue to Diarrhea due to Rotavirus Risk Factors
- Anderson EJ, Weber SG. Rotavirus infection in adults. Lancet Infect Dis. 2004 Feb;4(2):91-9. 
- Glass RI, Bresee JS, Turcios R, Fischer TK, Parashar UD, Steele AD. Rotavirus vaccines: targeting the developing world. J Infect Dis. 2005 Sep 1;192 Suppl 1:S160-6. 
- Rivest P, Proulx M, Lonergan G, Lebel MH, Bedard L. Hospitalisations for gastroenteritis: the role of rotavirus. Vaccine. 2004 May 7;22(15-16):2013-7. 
- Widdowson MA, Bresee JS, Gentsch JR, Glass RI. Rotavirus disease and its prevention. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2005 Jan;21(1):26-31.