Diaper Dermatitis Home Care
- Change diapers frequently:
- As soon as possible after wetting or soiling.
- Rinse the baby's skin with warm water after wetting.
- Wash the skin with a mild soap after bowel movements.
- Apply diaper ointment:
- Petroleum jelly
- Expose the diaper rash to air as much as possible:
- Allows the skin to dry completely
Diaper Dermatitis Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if your child has a diaper rash and any of the following:
Continue to Diaper Dermatitis Prevention
- Boiko S. Making rash decisions in the diaper area. Pediatr Ann. 2000 Jan;29(1):50-6. 
- Borkowski S. Diaper rash care and management. Pediatr Nurs. 2004 Nov-Dec;30(6):467-70. 
- Levy M. Diaper rash syndrome or dermatitis. Cutis. 2001 May;67(5 Suppl):37-8.