Diabetic Pressure Sore Incidence
Facts about decubitus ulcer:
- Over 2 million people develop decubitus ulcers each year in the US.
- Decubitus ulcers develop in about 10% of hospitalized patients.
- Decubitus ulcers develop in nearly 25% of nursing home patients.
- The elderly are at greatest risk for pressure sores.
Continue to Diabetic Pressure Sore Risk Factors
- Brem H, Tomic-Canic M, et al. Healing of elderly patients with diabetic foot ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, and pressure ulcers. Surg Technol Int. 2003;11:161-7. 
- Duimel-Peeters IG, Halfens RJ, Berger MP, Snoeckx LH. The effects of massage as a method to prevent pressure ulcers. A review of the literature. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2005 Apr;51(4):70-80. 
- Ratliff CR; WOCN. WOCN's evidence-based pressure ulcer guideline. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2005 May;18(4):204-8.