Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care diet self monitoring warning signs Outlook Underlying Cause
Diabetic Nerve Damage Questions For Doctor
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Diabetic Nerve Damage Specialist
PubMed Diabetic Nerve Damage References
- Corbett CF. Practical management of patients with painful diabetic neuropathy. Diabetes Educ. 2005 Jul-Aug;31(4):523-4, 526-8. 
- Malik RA. Current and future strategies for the management of diabetic neuropathy. Treat Endocrinol. 2003;2(6):389-400. 
- Olson DE, Norris SL. Diabetes in older adults. Overview of AGS guidelines for the treatment of diabetes mellitus in geriatric populations. Geriatrics. 2004 Apr;59(4):18-24. 
- Sullivan KA, Feldman EL. New developments in diabetic neuropathy. Curr Opin Neurol. 2005 Oct;18(5):586-90.