Diabetes due to Obesity Drugs
Treatment for type 2 diabetes requires one or more oral medications to control blood sugar levels. Those with type 2 diabetes, who do not improve on oral medications, also require treatment with insulin.
Oral medications for type 2 diabetes:
- Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors
- Amylin mimetics
- Incretin mimetics
- Liraglutide (Victoza)
- Self injector pen
- Gliptin and biguanide combination:
- Meglitinide and biguanide combination:
Continue to Diabetes due to Obesity Amylin Mimetics
- Davis RE, Morrissey M, Peters JR, Wittrup-Jensen K, Kennedy-Martin T, Currie CJ. Impact of hypoglycaemia on quality of life and productivity in type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Curr Med Res Opin. 2005 Sep;21(9):1477-83. 
- Lebovitz HE. Type 2 diabetes: an overview. Clin Chem. 1999 Aug;45(8 Pt 2):1339-45. 
- Nagaya T, Yoshida H, Takahashi H, Kawai M. Increases in body mass index, even within non-obese levels, raise the risk for Type 2 diabetes mellitus: a follow-up study in a Japanese population. Diabet Med. 2005 Aug;22(8):1107-11. 
- Patja K, Jousilahti P, Hu G, Valle T, Qiao Q, Tuomilehto J. Effects of smoking, obesity and physical activity on the risk of type 2 diabetes in middle-aged Finnish men and women. J Intern Med. 2005 Oct;258(4):356-62. 
- Ratner RE. Type 2 diabetes mellitus: the grand overview. Diabet Med. 1998;15 Suppl 4:S4-7.