Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation fasting blood sugar glucose tolerance test hemoglobin A1C random blood sugar Treatment diet drugs amylin mimetics biguanides gliptins glucosidase inhibitors incretin mimetics insulin meglitinides sulfonylureas thiazolidinediones exercise questions for doctor regular monitoring specialist Home Care diabetes diet fiber self monitoring taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications acute complications long-term complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Diabetes due to Obesity Diet
- Provide adequate calories for maintaining a normal adult weight.
- Provide adequate calories for pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Maintain normal blood glucose levels:
- Balance food intake with your physical activity level.
- Diet and insulin doses must be adjusted as activity levels change.
- Maintain normal:
Continue to Diabetes due to Obesity Drugs
PubMed Diabetes due to Obesity References
- Davis RE, Morrissey M, Peters JR, Wittrup-Jensen K, Kennedy-Martin T, Currie CJ. Impact of hypoglycaemia on quality of life and productivity in type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Curr Med Res Opin. 2005 Sep;21(9):1477-83. 
- Lebovitz HE. Type 2 diabetes: an overview. Clin Chem. 1999 Aug;45(8 Pt 2):1339-45. 
- Nagaya T, Yoshida H, Takahashi H, Kawai M. Increases in body mass index, even within non-obese levels, raise the risk for Type 2 diabetes mellitus: a follow-up study in a Japanese population. Diabet Med. 2005 Aug;22(8):1107-11. 
- Patja K, Jousilahti P, Hu G, Valle T, Qiao Q, Tuomilehto J. Effects of smoking, obesity and physical activity on the risk of type 2 diabetes in middle-aged Finnish men and women. J Intern Med. 2005 Oct;258(4):356-62. 
- Ratner RE. Type 2 diabetes mellitus: the grand overview. Diabet Med. 1998;15 Suppl 4:S4-7.